- This week we announced the winners of the Dezeen Awards public voteby Tom Ravenscroft on October 24, 2020 at 5:00 AM
This week on Dezeen, we announced the winners of the Dezeen Awards public vote and Italian furniture designer Enzo Mari passed away. Projects by Heatherwick Studio, Vo Trong Nghia Architects and Snøhetta were chosen by Dezeen readers as winners of the public vote in the architecture category, while readers picked projects by Esrawe Studio and Adjaye Associates as having the The post This week we announced the winners of the Dezeen Awards public vote appeared first on Dezeen.
- Slatted wood encloses glass Engawa House in Chileby Eleanor Gibson on October 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM
An external walkway and glazed living space are hidden behind sliding slatted woodwork in this house in Chile, designed by architects Santiago Valdivieso and Stefano Rolla. Rolla and Valdivieso completed the house on Punta Pite, an arm on the Central Chilean coast stretched toward the Pacific Ocean. The architects describe the house as sitting on The post Slatted wood encloses glass Engawa House in Chile appeared first on Dezeen.
- Bamboo and rammed-earth therapy centre in Bangladesh wins 2020 Obel Awardby Dezeen staff on October 23, 2020 at 12:45 PM
Dezeen promotion: a community centre in Bangladesh designed by German architect Anna Heringer has won the second edition of the prestigious Obel Award. Named Anandaloy, which means place of deep joy in the local dialect, the building contains a therapy centre for people with disabilities on the ground floor with a women-led textile workshop above it. The The post Bamboo and rammed-earth therapy centre in Bangladesh wins 2020 Obel Award appeared first on Dezeen.
- Studio Curiosity covers bridge in ribbon rainbow to show support for NHSby India Block on October 23, 2020 at 11:00 AM
Design platform Studio Curiosity worked with local residents in east London to wrap a bridge in a rainbow of ribbons as a "message of hope" during the coronavirus pandemic. Called RAW Rainbow, the art installation covers a footbridge in the Royal Albert Wharf (RAW) in the borough of Newham. The project is shortlisted for Dezeen Awards The post Studio Curiosity covers bridge in ribbon rainbow to show support for NHS appeared first on Dezeen.
- Virtual fashion will allow people to "go completely crazy" online says Amber Jae Slooten of The Fabricantby Marcus Fairs on October 23, 2020 at 10:45 AM
Interest in virtual fashion has exploded during the coronavirus pandemic as people explore ways of dressing their online avatars, according to digital fashion designer Amber Jae Slooten. "We got huge interest," said Slooten, co-founder of The Fabricant, a virtual fashion house based in Amsterdam. "I've never dressed so many people in my life". Slooten said The post Virtual fashion will allow people to "go completely crazy" online says Amber Jae Slooten of The Fabricant appeared first on Dezeen.
- Bybeau's XYZ lighting collection was informed by coordinatesby Cajsa Carlson on October 23, 2020 at 10:04 AM
Design studio Bybeau's minimalist XYZ lighting collection draws on Cartesian coordinates and features magnetic engineering that means its arms can be rotated 360 degrees. The modular collection, which won the public vote for lighting design of the year in Dezeen Awards 2020, is designed to be simple and universal rather than conceptual. The team was informed The post Bybeau's XYZ lighting collection was informed by coordinates appeared first on Dezeen.
- Esperinos is a design-focused guesthouse in Athensby Natasha Levy on October 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Greek designer Stamos Michael mixed his own creations with local artworks and modern furniture classics to form the striking interior of Esperinos, a guesthouse in Athens. Esperinos is situated in the Greek capital's Filopappos Hill area, taking over a single-storey residence that dates back to the 1930s. The house used to have a traditionally domestic The post Esperinos is a design-focused guesthouse in Athens appeared first on Dezeen.
- Li Edelkoort and designers discuss space and intimacy during the pandemic at DDW 2020by Cajsa Carlson on October 23, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Trend forecaster Li Edelkoort and designers Sabine Marcelis, Giorgio Gascia and Gianmaria Della Ratta take part in the final live discussion for the Dezeen x Dutch Design Week 2020 collaboration. The talk is now live! Dutch Design Week (DDW) head of program Jorn Konjin will present the sub-theme "Spaces/The Intimacy of the Workspace", which will The post Li Edelkoort and designers discuss space and intimacy during the pandemic at DDW 2020 appeared first on Dezeen.
- Game On's neon-filled exhibition design pays homage to 80s video gamesby Jennifer Hahn on October 23, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Spanish practice Smart & Green Design has re-designed the Barbican's touring Game On exhibition for a former underground cistern in Madrid, using more than 150 LED arches to evoke the neon colours of the 1980s. The retrospective, which is reportedly the largest international exhibition to explore the history of video games, spans more than 400 The post Game On's neon-filled exhibition design pays homage to 80s video games appeared first on Dezeen.
- "Architects need substantive knowledge and skills to address climate change"by Jesse M Keenan on October 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Architecture schools should update the curriculum to teach future designers how to respond to the crisis of climate change says Jesse M Keenan, a professor at the Tulane School of Architecture. This fall, the Tulane School of Architecture became the first design school in America to sign on to the US Architects Declare initiative. This initiative The post "Architects need substantive knowledge and skills to address climate change" appeared first on Dezeen.
- Building Material
- Green Building
- Historical Buildings
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Home Improvement
- Interior & Furniture Designers
- Interior Design
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Interior Design Decorating Books
- Islamic Architecture
- Modern Architecture
- News Updates
- Real Estate
- Retail Shopping